CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 13, 2013

Tech Babies

I toss around the idea of kids and technology.  We live in a society where technology is huge. It has become a natural part of our everyday lives. But where do we draw the line?
I think it's important that kids can use a computer and a phone, but should 5 year olds have a cell phone? Or an ipad? Gone were the days that every kid on the block was outside playing.  Now, kids are engaging in some form of technology and lack the ability to socialize. While I'm rambling, I often question if I've joined the 'bad parenting' Club.  Or the entertain your kids with technology club.

My kids know how to get into our phones.  They know how to find the kids games. They use our old ipods efficiently.  Emersyn turned on the tv today without us ever showing her how. Is this bad or wrong?
I want to create independence and I want them to keep up with the technology times, but is it too early? I battle with myself on this issue. 
I guess Im trying to look at the bright side. My kids love to play outside.  Dylan loves movies and cartoons but we limit how much he watches.  Dylan only plays educational games on the computer. Both kids love to listen to music. They use our old ipod touches to play kid friend games. We love to sing, dance, play, laugh, and just be silly.  So I guess having a 2 and 4 year old who can confidently use basic technology isn't the worst.  They can socialize with others and are decent in the behavior department.  (Emersyn is questionable. ..ha!)

My random rant is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment