CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines day used to be a day where Zack & I would go out to dinner and exchange a small token of our love. We'd be sucked into the Hallmark holiday.

Now that we have kids Valentines day has turned into so much more. School parties, making valentines, dressing everyone in red, making it special for the kids, all while trying to stop and remember each other.

Yesterday I dressed my little valentines in red and took an early morning picture. I knew I had to get one in before they got dirty at school.
Zack & I exchanged part of our gifts in the morning and the rest in the evening. He made 2 personalized cards from a company called Tiny Prints. They're awesome and very thoughtful. I took pictures of course. He also gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and surprised me with a laptop. Yup, a laptop. I've been wanting one, and since he got a superb deal, I got lucky!! I just gave him the standard romantic card and some chocolate. I decided to be creative this year with part of his gift. I found a cute idea off of Pinterest. I took a deck of cards and on each card was a reason I love him. Therefore, 52 Reasons I Love You!
I was attempting to be creative, thoughtful, and romantic all in one, but his gifts were far better.

Emersyn received a few Valentines from her classmates and made us a super cute card. Dylan's class traded Valentines and had a party. He gave out Lightning McQueen cards with a matching pencil. We stopped at the store and bought cookies for his class and a balloon for him. I figured he doesn't need candy, stuffed animals, or toys since he just had a birthday.

Overall we all had a great day. The best part for me was spending the evening with all my Valentines, including my furry ones!

1 comment: