CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 5, 2011

Toddler Property Laws

If I like, it's mine.
If it's in my hand it's mine.
If I can take it from you, it's mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
If it's mine, it must never apprear to be yours in anyway.
If I'm doing or building something, all the peices are mine.
If it looks just like mine, it's mine.
If I saw it first, it's mine.
If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
If it's broken, it's yours.
I took this off of Dylan's class newsletter. I thought it was cute, appropriate and VERY VERY true for Dylan these days. I think on average I hear the word 'mine' 30 times a day. Sometimes I'm compelled to fire back with something sarcastic but realize I'm the adult and he is only 2 1/2. HA! Although sometimes Dylan understands my humor.
Lately we've been bringing out toys for Emersyn that Dylan once played with. He remembers that those things were once his. So he attempts to claim them. We can't wait until this 'mine' phase passes. Until then, we shall attempt to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment