CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 27, 2012

Week of the Young Child

This week the learning center celebrated the Week of the Young Child. Since there is so much obesity in the country, our theme 'Get Fit' was geared towards being active. Everyday there was a new theme & activity at the school. Home connections included filling out a paper sneaker that listed how many minutes per night your child was active outside of school. The goal was to turn in a 'Get Fit' sneaker everyday. The kids school wide were active 10,900 minutes!

Monday: I am Fit!
The younger kids participated in gymnastics and the older kids participated in Karate.

Tuesday: I am Healthy!
School wide picnic day. I had to pack the kids a bagged lunch. Dylan was excited to bring his Lightning McQueen lunch box.

Wednesday: I am Talented!
Kids got to show off their talents. I had a harmonica player in my class. Dylan put his dance moves on display.

Thursday: I am Green!
Everyone wore green. We discussed the importance of recycling. A presenter from Feed the Bin came to talk to the kids.

Friday: I am the Future!
Kids had to dress up in their future professions attire. There was a parade at 3:30 to show off the 'future of America'. I dressed Emersyn as a ballerina because she loves music and loves to dance. And... I already had a tutu! Dylan said he wanted to be an animal doctor. I gave him a name tag, he brought in his little medical bag, and a stuffed animal. Dr. Dylan Henry!
Sounds good to me!

The week was full of fun but I'm glad it's over. I took some quick Picts of my kiddos today.

No comments:

Post a Comment