CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Emersyn is 8 months

Dear Emersyn,

Today you turned 8 months. Time is going by so fast. I can remember the day you were born, as it felt like yesterday. You are the twinkle in my eye, the other half of my heart, the moon that lights up my sky. We adore you more than you know. You are one loved baby! You are a mommy's girl and I love it. It has been a gift to watch you grow over the last 8 months. I look forward to what you have in store for this upcoming month. Daddy, Dylan, and I love you more than anything. Happy 8 months!

Love, Mommy, Daddy & Dylan
Ladybug Happenings:
- Says 'baba' ,'wawa' without meaning. She loves to laugh and hear herself scream until she is red in the face. After yelling loudly she laughs.
-She thinks it funny to pull your hair. That must be her sassy side coming out.
- With clothes on she weighs 21.6, so I'm guessing she is slightly over 20lbs. She is solid as a rock with a few chubby rolls here and there.
- Her eyes are still blue and we are hoping they stay that way. Her hair is growing like crazy. We aren't sure what to do with it. We are in the process of trying new things as you will see.
-She has the beginning mechanics of crawling, not quite there yet.
- A mommy's girl at heart! Is beginning to cry when I leave the room or go out of sight.
- She is very aware of the dogs. She loves to look for them, especially Niko who tends to camp out under her high chair.
- She is a moose. She is eating baby food, formula, and table food. Today alone she ate bread, yogurt, and a small portion of a grilled cheese sandwich. Oh, not to mention her baby food. Yup, this girl loves to eat.
-She loves to snuggle and give kisses.
- Bath time is one of her favorite things. We are hoping she will be a swimmer.
- She has qualities of both Mommy & Daddy. I think she gets her sassy side from me...eek
- Loves to nap, and continues to sleep through the night.
- Chews on everything, but still NO TEETH! We have late teethers in our house.
This month I chose to take her picture in an outfit I wore when I was little. Actually I'm not sure if it was mine or my sisters. Either way, the dress is over 25 years old. My mom passed it down to me when I was pregnant with Emersyn. I thought it would be cute if she wore it for her pictures. The dress is a 12 month dress, but our little girl is growing so fast I wanted to make sure she got in it. As you will see, we were trying out a new hair do. I'm not sure if I like it yet. She still wears headbands but her hair is getting so long, its beginning to be in an awkward stage.

Who's 8 months? Me? No way!

The sticker didn't stay on very long. We'd pull it out of her mouth, stick it back on her shirt, she'd take it off, and put it back into her mouth. The ongoing cycle.
What is this crazy outfit you put me in? Can I eat it?
This is THE DRESS that Lisa and I wore when we were little. I'd say it go its money's worth.
I love this smile! The best toothless smile ever, worth a million bucks!
Oh I forgot to mention....the bubbles, the spitting, the raspberries. Emersyn thrives on making noises with her tongue. She actually likes to compete with other babies.
I laugh when I look at this shot. When she does this, we say SOOOOO BIG! She always smiles after and then does it again.
At this point, she is much bigger than her bear. We've been using it to measure her size. This was taken right after trying out the new hair do for the first time. I still have mixed feelings.
And this my readers is my heart and soul. I didn't think I could love another child like I love Dylan. Boy I was wrong! This little girl melts my heart on a daily basis. I can't wait for her to wake up in the morning, and I love to watch her sleep. She is more beautiful by the day and lights up any room she is in. I just can't seem to get enough of her. LOVE THIS BABY GIRL!!!!
Happy 8 months to my sweet little ladybug!!

1 comment:

  1. She's a doll...nothing would be the wrong style on this one!

    ReplyDelete