CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 5, 2011

Eyes Wide Shut

This is the first time we saw Emerysn after the surgery. At this point the swelling was minimal.




Last night I spent much of my time watching my little lady bug sleep. I started thinking about how I'd feel if suddenly I couldn't see. I can't possibly imagine what she is going through. I am doing my best to soothe her with my touch and my voice. Since day 1 her eyes have become very swollen and bruised. When she cries the tears slowly try and escape crusting to her little eye lashes. It's so sad to see. I know its only temporary, but while in the moment it still breaks my heart. Everyday parents look at their kids probably taking for granted that their little eyes open. I know I did. Dylan has beautiful big brown eyes and Emersyn has big blue eyes. But I've never stopped to think for one second what they'd look like if they couldn't open them. So now that Emersyn's eyes look the way they do I anxiously await the moment they open. The moment that I see those big blue sparklers I will probably cry.


So today when you look you little ones in the eyes, please don't take it for granted. Give them a big kiss and soak it in. Seeing is really a gift, that is for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment