CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tap & Tumble

Tap & Tumble Inc. is a company that comes to the daycare once a week and provides a tap program and a tumble program. The program develops motor skills, coordination and imagination as the instructors teach the basic skills of front rolls, straddle rolls, and cartwheels. The children will gain balance, flexibility, strength and socialization through participating in our tumbling class. We signed Dylan up for Tumble, which reminds me of a gymnastics program. They use balance beams, trampolines, mats and more. Our goal is to help him strengthen his gross motor skills.

Dylan loves Thursdays because he knows that's the day he goes to Tumble with Ms. Sharon. Today I joined the class for a few minutes so I could capture Dylan in action. I didn't stay long because I didn't want to distract the class. When I walked in, Dylan was sitting so nicely on the floor waiting his turn. He smiled when he saw me. I LOVE watching him interact with his friends and teachers at school. I only took a few pictures so that I could post about this. We've been working with him at home on some skills they learned in class. He loves to show us what he has learned, so practicing the skills he struggles with is easy. He loves to go, which is the perfect way to strengthen his skill set.
The pictures I took happen to be during trampoline time. The kids had to jump on the sticker. Ms. Sharon holds their hands at first with hopes that in time they can do it independently. After they are finished they have to jump off onto a certain color circle. It was cute to watch Dylan follow directions, interact with the teacher, and most of all...that smile of pure enjoyment. As I've said a million times, that little man melts my heart!










Dylan loves school. He loves his friends and teachers, he loves learning Spanish, going to gym class, and now Tap & Tumble. He's a little sponge. It's been an amazing journey to watch him grow and develop over the past 2 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment